NOS Installer is an installer system that is used to compress installation files into a compact redistributable file.
Command line switches – NOS Installer (v2x)
- /sAll Silent Mode for the product installer.
- /sPB Silent Mode with progress bar for the product installer.
- /rs Reboot – Suppress.
- /rps Reboot – Prompt Suppress.
- /ini “PATH” Alternative initialization file.
- /sl “LANG_ID” Set Language; LANG_ID – Code in decimal digits
- /l Enable Error Logging – Creates a .log file in the same folder as the installer
- /msi[Command Line] Pass Parameters to the embedded MSI file
- /? Brings up this dialog box
Running the executable with the following command line switches will run the installation:
/sPB – in silent mode with a progress bar
/l – Output errors and warnings to a log file
program.exe /l /sPB
I had little luck passing the INSTALLDIR=property using the /msi switch. The NOS installer would not let me pass a path with a space, such as ‘Program Files’. Attempts to wrap it in quotes and the few methods that seemed worth trying resulted in having the Windows Installer Options window popping up.
As I prefer to simply extract the msi, this is not something I intend to fuss with much .
Common Applications that use the FEAD Optimizer format are;
Nosso, NOSLtd, Nos Installer. Netopsystems – FEAD Optimizer,